It was back in 1994 that Tony Roda came up with the idea of combining a carwash with a café. This idea quickly lead to a partnership with an existing carwash operator, and so Magic Hand Carwash was born. Our first carwash café opened at 2 Hood Street, Collingwood,and this site is still going strong today. Soon after that, Claude Roda became an employee. Some internal challenges in the early days gave Claude the opportunity to take over the whole business. Although Claude was working seven days a week, harder than he’d ever worked before, it certainly didn’t feel like work to him. He loved the business and immersed himself in all of the many challenges. Within a couple of years, he’d built the business up to more than 200 cars every Saturday, and was turning over $1.0 million a year. A second Magic Hands Car Wash opened in North Melbourne, and by 1999/2000, Claude was running two stores, employing around 100 staff, and turning over in excess of $2.4 million. The future looked Magic. Claude then saw the opportunity to franchise the business model organically from within, working with existing entrepreneurial employees who were willing to work hard for what they could see was a great business opportunity. “When we look at our current business model, apart from seeing the modest achievements we’ve made to date, we also see an endless list of improvements we can make and a journey forward of infinite possibilities. If we look at how we clean cars, serve customers, train staff and recruit franchisees, we know we can advance on an already strong and proven franchising model.”
Some 20 years down the track, our business has expanded to over 40 stores nationally. We also have plans for International growth. From humble origins, the company has grown to become the true market leader in the Franchise Carwash sector. For our brand to continue to be successful, it’s essential that our franchisees are passionate about sharing our success. We’re looking for people who want to form a partnership with us, who will be as passionate about their own store as we are about building and improving our business. We want to be in this together.
1. Australia’s No. 1 hand car wash franchise 20 years of industry experience and know-how have helped build MHCW into Australia’s largest hand car wash franchise. Already with over 40 stores, and still growing strong. Our passionate
team of franchisees and office support office all contribute to making MHCW the huge success that it is today.
2. Trusted brand We wash over 620,000 cars a year. This makes Magic Hand Car Wash the No. 1 choice for customers who decide to trust us with what is usually their second most valuable asset. This trust is what has helped Magic become the industry leader and the preferred car wash choice in the country.
3. Benchmark systems and reporting At Magic we pride ourselves on our back-of-house systems and reporting that help to make running and measuring the results of your business a breeze. We are a results-driven business, so it is critical that we have the best systems and reporting to set benchmarks that ensure we remain at the top of our game.
4. Purchasing power like no other car wash Being the largest and most successful hand car wash chain allows us to provide you, the franchisee, with all the benefits of our purchasing power. And being No. 1 in the industrymeans we commit to the No. 1 suppliers and contractors, because they deliver the best possible products and services at the lowest possible price.
5. Best practice in training and staff development Being part of the MHCW team means you’ll be trained in a way that’s been proven to be successful over many years. Our commitment to training and people development is the most important thing we do in our business, because we know that the success of any commercial venture directly relates to how well the team performs. Our training systems will give you the confidence to not only learn the business yourself in just five short weeks, but will have you training your own team in next to no time