Matchbox is a family owned and operated retail business specialising in homeware, giftware and kitchen accessories. Starting with two stores at High St Armadale and Chadstone Shopping Centre, Matchbox has grown to a chain of 17 stores throughout Melbourne & Western Australia.
The Matchbox Business
Matchbox provides its customers with a simple formula ‘ famous brand name homeware and giftware products at the right price and customer service standards to ensure any specialist needs and wants are met. Product selection is critical, with Matchbox buyers constantly searching for that something different to compliment the stores. Whether it’s a Scanpan Wok, Wusthof knife or even beach umbrellas with a difference, it will be at Matchbox.
The Matchbox Retail Journey
As a two store operation in 1996, Matchbox has grown steadily to establish itself as a leading brand name in a growing market segment.
Now with 17 stores Matchbox is in a unique position to create a major national brand name and become the pre-eminent operator in this market. In embarking on the retail journey we are looking for like minded and motivated people as franchisees who want to be part of this exciting retail vision.
We have decided that franchising will play a major role in our Growth Strategy as it allows us to increase our market share whilst spending a majority of the time working to enhance the brand and systems for the benefit of both Matchbox and its franchisees.
The Matchbox Opportunity
Potential Franchisees have a great opportunity to become part of a leading homeware brand name.
We offer proven systems and retail expertise to ensure that you are able to take advantage of every opportunity. Including;
- Being part of a recognised retail brand
- Established shop design and merchandising solutions
- Retail systems to provide you with the best opportunity for a successful business
- Operational expertise
- Existing supplier relationships with every leading homeware suppliers
- Initial and ongoing training combined with constant head office support.
Is Matchbox for you?
Once the decision to grant a Matchbox franchise is made you will be required to pay an upfront franchise fee which will give you;
- Use of the Matchbox brand name and retail system for a specified time.
- Site selection and lease negotiation for your store.
- Training and coordination to establish and operate your store.